- Valli Vue
Valli Vue Estates Property Owners Spring Newsletter 2021
Save the Date: Spring Clean Up: May 17th, 2021.
Spring Cleanup Rules:
1. Bag leaves, grass clippings, twigs, and short branches. Bags should weigh less than 40 pounds.
2. Rake gravel into a windrow along the edge of the road. It will be swept by the LRSA contractor after the Clean Up. Do not bag gravel!
3. Branches and brush must be no longer than 4 feet and no more than 4 inches in diameter. The contractor will not be required to pick oversize material.
4. Do not put out: appliances, furniture, tires, batteries, hazardous waste, construction debris, lumber, or garbage. Such items will not be picked up.
5. Everything must be on the shoulder of the road in front of your property no later than May 16th. Clean up will commence the morning of May 17th.
Your board of directors has selected L&L again for this year’s cleanup. Last year’s massive debris piles were far larger than we had ever seen, but L&L kept at it until the neighborhood was clean. This year, we solicited bids in February from nine companies and received three proposals. One was rejected because the company failed to grasp the scope of the project. Among the two competent bidders, L&L was both the cheapest and the most detailed. L&L’s plan shows that they learned from last year and should easily finish in 7 days or less (even if the piles are massive again).
How are your lights?
Although nighttime darkness is in full retreat, it was brought to the board’s attention over the winter that some people’s outdoor lights are shining in their neighbor’s eyes. Do you have floodlights to illuminate your driveway or yard? If they are aimed outward, there is a good chance that they are the star attraction in the winter view from your neighbor’s windows! If you aim your lights straight down and let the illumination bounce off your house, use low‐wattage warm white bulbs, and turn the lights on only when you need them, your neighbors will be singing your praises rather than grumbling! Thank you!
Alaska Management Group
Managing Agent: Kaitlyn Jackson
Phone: (907) 333‐1244
2825 Rose St., Suite 202
Anchorage, AK 99508